Feast your eyes on this green smoothie that’s hearty enough to not only be called breakfast, but PRE-CARDIO-YOGA-FLOW breakfast!
Kept me full long enough to get my hot and sweaty floga on, peruse the studio and chat with yogis afterwards, pop into Whole Foods, come home and whip up my protein pancakes. Smoothies don’t always keep you full, but here’s one that has all of the elements!
In this “oh my gosh I can’t believe it’s not a milkshake” GSOTD, I threw this plethora of nutritious ingredients:
- 2 large leaves of raw organic kale
- Big ‘ol handful of organic spinach
- 1 C frozen organic wild blueberries
- 2 small deglet noor dates
- Some walnuts (probably 5)
- 1 scoop Sun Warrior vanilla protein powder
- 1 T unsweetened cocoa (you can sub cacao, I have both)
- 1 t maca powder
- 1.5 T hemp seeds
- 1 C almond milk
- 1 C filtered water
- 4-5 ice cubes
- Topped with bee pollen