Recipe time is past due…so here we go!
Spinach Protein Pancakes
I adapted this recipe from a multitude of sources…my friend Josie, the incredible Jessica Sepel and my own creativity. Needless to say, I will continue to evolve this brilliant foodie concept for years to come, incorporating superfoods and nutrients galore. For now, this was go number one.
- 1/3 C organic rolled oats (next time I will use oatbran so that it’s already a powder)
- 1/2 C organic, cage free, vegetarian fed egg whites
- 1 C frozen spinach
- 1 T sacha inchi powder (protein rich superfood)
- Almond milk (I was experimenting so I don’t have an exact measurement, likely 1/2 C)
Blend it all in the vitamix (or blender, or food processor, etc.) and take it to a hot pan.
I use organic, coconut oil cooking spray. Spray the pan, and the rest is self-explanatory. Decide what size pancakes you want and watch ’em bubble, give ’em a flip, easy peasy lemon squeezy!
My finished product was delightful, the sacha inchi powder gave them a very nutty, hearty flavor. I would use protein powder, stevia and spices for a sweeter flavor. Those will be coming soon 😉
I topped my pancakes with my own special greek yogurt blend:
- 1 C nonfat, plain FAGE greek yogurt (or plain, natural yogurt of your choice)
- 1 t cacao powder
- 1 t raw vanilla bean powder
- Stevia or honey
Whip all of that together with a spoon and you’ve got yourself a lovely little creation to dollop away with.
I encircled this creation with a banana and called it a day. Can’t wait to give it a second go!